Sam Schmenk

Default Incedent with Table Saw - small injury, maybe...

John,
Glad to read the incident wasn't a loss of life or limb... I've had
several kickbacks which has restored the fear of God in me too.
Before adding a subpanel to the shop and wiring the TS for 220, I was
never scared of the TS. It would always stall and pop the breaker
befor it got "weird".

This past weekend, I've been ripping 12" wide 8/4 white oak and can
vividly imagine what would happen if I used the TS. However, I was
fortunate enough to acquire an 18" band saw recently and I couldn't be
happier ripping stuff on it. I had no intent of using it as often as
I do. I use the TS regularly, but perform most of the stock prep cuts
on the BS and RAS. Then I use the TS post jointer/planer for final
dimensions.

Maybe you can use this experience as a pitch to SWMBO for a nice BS?
:-)

SS