Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Starvation Wages

On Friday, September 6, 2013 9:47:00 AM UTC-4, Ed Huntress wrote:

So I thought the topic was about whether a hgh or low Gini number made a difference.

It is. But you can read what he said either way. Here's what he said:

And yet you seem not to be concerned with the general case, but instead only want to discuss the U.S. economy.

That's what we were talking about -- the rising income disparities in

the US, and the implications of IMF and other research from other

countries for the US economy.

There isn't much to be applied to the US, from the experience of a

relatively poor economy where over 50% of the workers are involved in

farming.

So you are trying to restrict the discussion to a single country instead of discussing the general case. So cherry picking the data.

I'm not tryint to "restrict" anything. I'm talking about the subject

we were discussing.

Now I am really confused. First you say the subject is about whether a hgh or low Gini number made a difference. And then you say it is only about the U.S. economy related to the Gini number. You need to be less parochial. If the Gini number makes a difference it ought to make a difference regardless of the country. If it is country dependent then there must be other factors involved.

Dan