Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Refrigerator -- terrible smell!

Yes, please do follow up and let us know what you find.
I'm curious, as also many other readers.

As to the evaporator panel. Remove every food item from
the freezer, and also remove any shelves, ice maker, etc.

You should find five or six phillips screws that hold
the back wall of the freezer on. The heads of the
screws are typicallly painted white, and are not easy
to find.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

On 9/6/2013 12:33 AM, Higgs Boson wrote:

I would also take the cover in the freezer compartment off and see if

there's been any food spilled so that it's sitting on the evaporator pan

under the evaporator coil. If so, clean that up.

HOW GET COVER OFF? I WENT TO EHOW BUT COULDN'T FIND SPECIFIC INFO.

Also, see if you can remove any air vents either on the freezer floor or

fresh food compartment ceiling and see if there's any spilled food in

the section between the fresh food compartment and freezer.

OMG, HAVE TO SEE IF i CAN DO.

SOMEWHAT DOUBT ABOUT SPILLED FOOD..EVERYTHING IN FREEZER IS FROZEN SOLID BUT...

Other than that, then I think the only other recourse would to be turn

the fridge cold control to keep the fridge colder.

AGAIN, DESPITE MY IGNORANCE, DON'T THINK THAT WILL DO IT. EVERYTHING WAS GOING ALONG FINE UNTIL THIS SMELL STARTED FEW WEEKS AGO.

HOPE TO HELL IT ISN'T SOME CRITTER GOT IN THERE..

TX FOR HELP. WILL TRY REMOVING FREEZER PANEL.

STAY TUNED...

HB