Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] none@none.com is offline

Default Router table safety

On Fri, 06 Sep 2013 00:35:07 -0500, -MIKE-
That's just wrong, period. Have you ever used a router?
Have you ever done exactly what you said-- stop the router while engaged
in wood?

Yes, actually I have done it. Electrical failure while I was cutting
the ends of door rails to match the stiles. The bit *did* slow down
quickly, but it was a wood shuddering, bucking action that left two
inches of jagged, splintered end wood in my hands.

Maybe you're talking about straight bits slowing down. I was using a
stile cutting bit where a significant amount of wood profile is riding
against the bit. I was lucky that I had a good grasp on the wood or it
would have spun the wood around somewhere, maybe even at me.

Don't believe me? Go try it yourself.