Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Starvation Wages

On 9/5/2013 10:08 PM, George Plimpton wrote:
On 9/5/2013 9:20 PM, F. George McDuffee wrote:
On Thu, 05 Sep 2013 19:25:24 -0500, F. George McDuffee

snip
Like most leftists, you simply assume that it's a bad thing
/per se/. Your assumption is baseless.
snip

Actually I am far more of a rational rightist.

Please excuse the long reply, but I don't think or write in
"bumper stickers."

One of your avatars asked about specific actions to correct
wealth mal-distribution / over concentration, which results
in the over-concentration of income, assets, and
political/military power into too few hands and the
resulting threat to the state/economy/society/culture.

snip

follow up to my follow up.

Additional information on why income mal-distribution /
over-concentration and the resulting contraction of the
middle class

Once again, you're asserting something - two things, actually - that,
instead, requires proof.

First is the claim that there's some distribution of income that "ought"
to occur, rather than the one that occurs. When you call it a
"mal-distribution", you are making a *moral* judgment about it. Your
pretense that you're making some other kind of judgment about it is
dishonest. It's a solid indication that you are looking at this as a
polemicist. In fact, that's exactly what you're doing.

The other thing you're asserting that is complete bull**** is that any
alleged "contraction" of the middle class is a *result* of this unproved
"mal-distribution."

Suppose the following. GDP increase by some amount. The top 1% capture
20% of the increase. The next 39% capture 70% of it. The bottom 60%
capture none of it. The next 20% capture 10% of it. The remaining 40%
get none of it.

Sorry - forgot to revise some text I intended to revise. The revision
doesn't alter the intended point.

Top 1% get 20% of the increase in GDP. Next 39% get 70%. Next 20% get
10%. Bottom *40%* get none.

The correction does not change the analysis.

Income inequality has increased. Has the middle class
"contracted"? No. The middle is better off than they were before, and
a few have moved up from the bottom to the middle.

Georgie McDumpster, you're full of ****. You're participating in this
as a populist polemicist, *NOT* as a scholar or an honest analyst. It's
time - it's far *past* time - for you to admit this and come clean.