Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jerry Kaidor Jerry Kaidor is offline

Default Cover for Dug Well

On Thursday, September 5, 2013 3:53:57 PM UTC-7, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
"Jerry Kaidor" wrote in message

Hello,

A few years ago, I bought a house. Clearing the jungle in the

yard, I

discovered a ratty old shack. Under the ratty old shack was a dug

well. I demolished the shack and made a temporary well cover out of

plywood and 4x4's.

Now I want to make a real cover, drop down a solar well pump and

actually

use the thing. Irrigating my acre with city water is expensive.

The County well guy has a strange requirement: don't paint the

cover!

Huh?

- Jerry Kaidor

Jerry, the paint thing probably has to do with an EPA limitation on

substances that can leach out into the water, then contaminating the

water table.

There are approved NSF 'coatings' (NOT "paint") that can be used with

impunity.

*** Found it! http://www.epoxyusa.com/potable_water_epoxy_p/sp15.htm

- I'm going to ask the County well guy about it.