Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Router table safety

-MIKE- wrote:

Here's one he might consider.

http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/pag...at=1,240,41065

Or if you prefer to go slumming, they have these over at HF
http://www.harborfreight.com/catalog...?q=foot+switch

Either way, make sure you get the momentary switch, otherwise any
safety aspect is negated. I use one of those foot switches with my
router and like knowing that it will shut off if my foot moves.

I would not use the momentary switch. That forces you to remain in what can
become an awkward position, in order to keep your foot on the switch. I
disagree that any safety aspect is negated - in fact as I said - it could be
argued that momentary can create its own unsafe environment.

--

-Mike-