Posted to rec.woodworking
Gramps' shop Gramps' shop is offline

Default Router table safety

Good suggestions, all, and thank you. I'm going to try my upcut idea using the router lift. I'm going to build an adjustable clamping device to hold the work along with vertical feather boards. Pix to come.

Larry

-- Use an upcut bit on the table and raise the cutter into the work, which it turn would be held by a fixture of some sort. Once the cutter is at the proper depth, then advance the piece to the stop.

I have for longer pieces just tilted and moved in. Make sure to tilt so

that the turning of the bit forces the wood to the fence, make sure the

wood is against the fence.

Or I use a plunge router setup with a fence attached to the workpiece...

Either way.

--

Jeff