Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Starvation Wages

On Thu, 5 Sep 2013 14:41:17 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Thursday, September 5, 2013 4:26:08 PM UTC-4, Ed Huntress wrote

And his other stupid example is Albania, which has 1/8 the per-capita

income of the USA.

Ed Huntress

You assert that Albania is a stupid example, but do not give any reason why other than that their per capita income is much lower than that of the United States. WHy do you think that is relevant? It seems to me that if an uneven distribution of income is good or bad , it would be true regardless of what the per capita income is. Sounds as if you want to cherry pick what is relevant.

Dan

Over 50% of Albania's employment is in agriculture -- small family
farms. Foreign investment and domestic investment are very low.

The dynamics of Albania's economy have virtually no relationship to
that of the United States.

If you read Birnbaum's blog post, which is what I'm referring to, the
false dichotomy that he made was between living in the USA or living
with a GINI coefficient of 0.27 -- Albania's.

But he made no effort to show any causative relationship. So it's a
silly example.

--
Ed Huntress