Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Router table safety

"Gramps' shop" wrote:

Here's Pat's reply:

wrote:

You won't like this, if dropping the work on a hot router-table
cutter
was
acceptable.
With a work piece that small it has to be fixtured.

In this fixture, the work has to be clamped and isolated; it cannot
move.
Once in place, the work can be routed via an edge guide or templet &
collar.
Not terribly straight forward, but I'd use my morticer in a second.
Maybe have a look at it; it might inspire some thought.

Agree, this not a router table process.
http://www.patwarner.com/mortiser.html

There are several plans available for download the follow the concept,
but are not as flexible nor have the cost.

I built one for M/T joints in 3/4" stock using a 3/8" up cut bit and
was
built from scraps.

Worked well for that job but definitely would NOT do pockets in a
piece of stock.

Pat's package is a little stiff, but the good stuff usually is.

Lew