Posted to alt.survival,alt.home.repair
Winston_Smith[_4_] Winston_Smith[_4_] is offline

Default More leakers.

On Wed, 04 Sep 2013 18:33:17 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

Hope the replacements arrive before the hurricane,
power cut, EmP, or other need.

Which brings to mind the next question - why do you need so many
batteries?

I have perhaps two dozen mixed AA and AAA enloops. That serves all my
needs emergency and everyday. More expensive at start up but surely,
less cost in the long run and certainly less grief.

I certainly don't need everything at any given moment so even in a
power outage I'm OK for quite a long time. I can recharge from 120 VAC
in normal times and if the world ends, from the cigarette lighter, or
a small solar panel.

Add to that a half dozen AA alkalines for older equipment that doesn't
tolerate the lower NiMH voltage, six Ds for my ancient but beloved
AM/FM/SW boom box (which has high current draw), and a spare 9 V for
the smoke alarm.

Not much and no problems. This should not be a career.