Posted to alt.home.repair
harry k harry k is offline

Default Adverse Possession

On Tuesday, September 3, 2013 9:04:30 PM UTC-7, Harry K wrote:
sOn Tuesday, September 3, 2013 7:03:07 AM UTC-7, wrote:

On Monday, September 2, 2013 3:27:46 PM UTC-4, Harry K wrote:

On Monday, September 2, 2013 1:50:00 AM UTC-7, wrote:

On Sunday, September 1, 2013 9:01:15 PM UTC-4, Wes Groleau wrote:

snip

saying all states work that way, but some do. And I'd be curious to

see the case law regarding the issue of tax payments and how courts

have treated it in other states.

Also, some states have de minimus exclusions, specifically covering

fences placed a few feet off the correct boundary, and similar

common occurances, where you can't claim AP.

YOu keep claimin "in some states tax payment is needed" but there is a distinct lack on your part to give a cite.

Too lazy to use google? How about a huge state, CA:

Finally you ot off your lazy rear and provided a sort of cite. Why didn'tyou just provide the direct cite to the law. Clue, it was buried in the cite you did give.

http://blogs.findlaw.com/california_...ossession.html

"A California Appellate Court clarified that it's easier to steal acquire land from a religious organization than from some other private entity.

That's because an adverse possessor snagging a religious organization's property doesn't have to meet the standard five-year tax requirement."

One major problem with your "belief" is that a squatter has no way of beginning to pay the taxes. The only way to start getting a tax bill is to go to the county office handling taxes and PROVE THAT YOU OWN THE PROPERTY to begin with.

So tell us how a squatter can pay the taxes.

Very easy. I don't know how it works where you live,

but here in NJ where I live, all you have to do is walk

in to the tax collectors office and say "I want to pay my

tax bill" They say, name, address? Or lot and block #?

If you choose to use the former, you can give them the name

of the person that shows up on the tax records as the owner.

They don't ask for ID. They tell you the current amount

due and you pay it. They don't care who's name is on the

check or you can pay in cash if you like. You could do that

once a year.

Yep, suuurrreee you can. Pull the other one.

My case where I got a lot by paying taxes was a lump sum payment for 7 years of back taxes and 7 years of mowing/spraying weeds on the lot.

Harry K

Apparently you figured out how to pay the taxes.

YOu might try reading my reply to someone else where I explained it. I had nothing to do with the "how".

Harry K

Added: BTW my paying the taxes on it was not required. It just cut the time for AP from 10 to 7 years per Washington law.

All one wanted to know about Adverse Possession:

http://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/row/landsur...Possession.pdf

Harry K