Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Is it possible to post a picture of a schematic here?

I got one word - Dropbox. I guess it's a form of cloud storage and it is pretty easy to use. I got it and would never give it up. They give you a gig or two for free but you can buy more.

You just download Dropbox and let it install, then you get a special folder to which you move files you want to share on the net, or save off site. It can be used for insurance backup photos and things like that in your private area which can only be retrieved by you (from any commputer though), but to let others get the file you drag it into the \private subdirectory.

Once it uploads (there is a status indicator in your taskbar) then you right click the file in your windows explorer and one of the options will be "Copy Public URL". You click that and then you can paste it into any web document including a post on any web forum or an email.

I don't recommend you make anything public they would mess with you about, like a rip of a DVD of a brand new movie, but you can. Your files cannot be searched for by search engines like Google or whatever, I've tried. Without that specific URL nobody gets the file, though they can share the URL of course.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/29948706/csce.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...6/mitsdpps.jpg

There are a couple examples out of mine, as you can see they are https which is always good of course. The eight digit number is your unique identification and is based on your email.

If you have a computer at work, and your love shack and wherever in the world, once your Dropbox account is installed on them all files you drag in on each computer will be automatically downloaded to all computers using your account.

A computer dude turned me onto it, said he uses it for drivers and utilities, but I see people on Usenet and other places using it as well. Security ? I simply don't know but since the government snoops on everything it can't be any worse than anything else.