Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Repair garden hose kinks?

On Tue, 3 Sep 2013 14:34:43 -0700, "Bob F"

On Tue, 03 Sep 2013 10:45:22 -0700, Oren wrote:

On 3 Sep 2013 17:24:13 GMT, KenK wrote:

My short garden hose has five kinks in it. Annoying. I'm too cheap
to replace it - and besides, the new hose will quickly do the same
thing. Buying hose splices would work but is rather expensive -
though I could save them for reuse when I discard the hose. Maybe s
short piece of something thick - like ~six-inch lengths of the free
paint stirrers you get with paint - and duct tape then on the hose
at the kink points? I suspect that wouldn't last.

Suggestions?

TIA

"Hose menders are used to repair broken hoses or to permanently
connect two hoses of the same size. Hose is pushed over mender and
worm gear clamps or band type clamps are tightened over outside of
hose to secure mender. Available in sizes from 1/2IN to 12IN."

http://www.acehose.com/images/mender.jpg

I find it odd that people kink the water hoses. Used properly it will
not kink. Unless you have a cheap self-kinking hose

A good hose won't kink unless you abuse it. The trick is to take the
widgets off the hose before coiling it. Let the opposte end twist as
it's (un)coiled.

A good hose reel solves the problem and saves lots of time and work.

What problem? I have no hose reel and have never had one. My quality
hoses do not kink; nor have they for 30 years.

Right now mine are now coiled on the ground at hose bibs in the Mohave
Desert.

Folks that kink hoses may not know how to operate a hose reel.