Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Repair garden hose kinks?

On 9/3/2013 3:16 PM, micky wrote:
On 3 Sep 2013 17:24:13 GMT, KenK wrote:

My short garden hose has five kinks in it. Annoying. I'm too cheap to
replace it - and besides, the new hose will quickly do the same thing.
Buying hose splices would work but is rather expensive - though I could
save them for reuse when I discard the hose. Maybe s short piece of
something thick - like ~six-inch lengths of the free paint stirrers you get
with paint - and duct tape then on the hose at the kink points? I suspect
that wouldn't last.

Suggestions?

TIA

Been here 30 years, never bought a hose. Two of them came with the
house, then I found 3 others in the trash. None has had kinks, So
far only one has even leaked (the hose itself). And I leave two of
them outside in the sun much of the summer, lying on the grass or
bushes. (I move it once in a while if it's on the grass.)

My latest find is one of those little tables with a hose rolled up
inside. One of the two hoses in that lies flat when it shouldn't and
doesn't roll up right, but I can't separate it from the table yet.
When I do, I'll throw it away. But I've unrolled it and even it
doesn't kink.

Are you a dumpster diver too? Someone who hates to see perfectly
serviceable or repairable items thrown away? ^_^

TDD