Posted to rec.woodworking
woodchucker[_3_] woodchucker[_3_] is offline

Default Panel Closet Doors

On 9/2/2013 9:19 PM, Meanie wrote:
I built a closet upstairs in my bungalow home. It's on one side with a
four foot knee wall and the rest of the wall angles towards center, as
most bungalows do. Therefore, I built the closets with a door height of
5 feet, long enough for three sections with intentions of installing
bi-fold doors. One section is a 5 foot wide opening(two 2.5 ft
bi-folds), the next is four foot(two 2 foot bi-folds) and the last is
three(two 1.5 foot bi-folds). Ideally, I would like the doors to be
raised panel, but these are not standard size and thus, must be made. I
would like to attempt that, unfortunately, I don't own a raised panel
router bit set and not ready to fork over the type of money required for
a set.

Is there another method to making raised panel doors? Is it as good as
doing with a router bit set? Any other options anyone can offer other
than pay someone to make them? BTW, the option to pay someone is a
consideration but I don't know what a reasonable cost would be, other
than the cost of the wood, but uncertain of labor cost. Help on that is
also appreciated.

Thank you

Sure just cut them on the tablesaw. Simple and effective.
Just do a google search on cutting raised panels on ts... many youtube I
am sure.

--
Jeff