Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Wiss Don Wiss is offline

Default Anyone installed LED ribbon undercabinet lights?

On Tue, 3 Sep 2013, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Don Wiss wrote:
I hear that some people go for a higher wattage and then put a dimmer on
them. Other than over a dining table I'm not a big fan of dimmers. I'd
rather pick what is appropriate upfront.

I can't speak to LED lights, but I do have a thought on your dimmer
comment.

Simplest case: The bathroom. I need a lot less light to use the toilet at
2AM than when I'm getting ready for work at 6. All I need to do is see the
toilet enough to take care of my business.

I've thought about that one. I am a big fan of LED night lights. Especially
of the type that is on the right in this pictu
http://www.lowes.com/pd_161886-53058...ductId=3744055

I've also bought a couple similar to what is shown at the left. They are
useless. The plug is polarized and I could only plug them in standing up
like shown there. They light up the ceiling. I want the floor lit.

I have these night lights in all halls, and in the bathroom. I do not turn
on hall lights at any time. I do not turn on a bathroom light in the middle
of the night. My eyes are dilated enough then that the light is adequate.

In the bedroom, if the wife is sleeping, I don't want to fully turn on
either the overhead light or a nightstand light. The dimmer on the wall
allows for just enough light for me not to hurt myself.

One or two of these would work for that too.