Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Sheet vinyl vs. tile ??

On Tue, 03 Sep 2013 13:36:06 -0400, wrote:

Ceramic tile is a piece of cake, particularly on a surface
that's already prepared (concrete floor). It can be somewhat more
work if the floor isn't stable enough but a concrete slab is easy.

Post retirement I went to work for a few years for a contractor. Fred
decided I would tile a hallway on a job. He set the first few tiles
and all I had to do was follow his instructions.

He came back, told me it looked good, but wondered why I was not done
in the hall. I replied, "Fred I'm good, I never said I was fast!"

DIY tile IS easy as long as one is not in a hurry.