Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Repair garden hose kinks?

On 3 Sep 2013 17:24:13 GMT, KenK wrote:

My short garden hose has five kinks in it. Annoying. I'm too cheap to
replace it - and besides, the new hose will quickly do the same thing.
Buying hose splices would work but is rather expensive - though I could
save them for reuse when I discard the hose. Maybe s short piece of
something thick - like ~six-inch lengths of the free paint stirrers you get
with paint - and duct tape then on the hose at the kink points? I suspect
that wouldn't last.

Suggestions?

TIA

"Hose menders are used to repair broken hoses or to permanently
connect two hoses of the same size. Hose is pushed over mender and
worm gear clamps or band type clamps are tightened over outside of
hose to secure mender. Available in sizes from 1/2IN to 12IN."

http://www.acehose.com/images/mender.jpg

I find it odd that people kink the water hoses. Used properly it will
not kink. Unless you have a cheap self-kinking hose