LRod

Default Plunge or non-plunge router better under table?

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 16:19:52 -0400, "George" george@least wrote:

And those with plunge routers who adjust up top like the router guys also
have no problem with fine adjust.

Their method is so simple, so clear, so obviously superior, I've never
understood all the hoorah and market intrest in router raising gadgets
costing oodles of dollars. That goes for the expensive fences, too.

As I say on my webpage, Tage Frid had it right viz a vis fences. He
had an article on a Fine Woodworking some 20 years ago about it. Piece
of wood, and a clamp (he had the other end attached to the table with
a bolt, if memory serves; still, it's the same idea as the router guys
and their two clamps), that's pretty much it. Nowadays, with UHMW,
it's even better.

- -
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net