Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Living without electricity

In article , The Natural Philosopher
wrote:
On 03/09/13 15:16, charles wrote:
In article , John Williamson
wrote:
happy zombie jebus on the cross wrote:
On Sat, 31 Aug 2013 20:41:31 +0100, News
wrote:

How would you generate electricity, if you lived there, full time?
Or would you not bother?
if it has a lot of land, you could easily accomodate a solar pannel
farm. there are ones that track the sun for best performance along
with ones for the roof if you wanted. i found a diy solar panel
building kit a while back, it didn't seem very complcated to build
and set up.

It's on the dark side of a north facing hill, unfortunately.
there is also the option of a wind turbine, i saw a rather impressive
one on some tv show a while back that produced enough electricity for
use even on a light breazy day.

as long as you have a decent battery system, you'll never need worry
about electricity.

i'd be very tempted by the place to be quite honest.
If I were (a) a lot richer and (b) not needing to work for a living,
so would I. Then again, (a) could take care of the electricity supply
and broadband problems, as I could afford to run a cable from the
village.

It's the best part of 2 miles! I think the voltage drop would be
excessive. You have to get the electricity supply so invoved. Then you
have to be a very big lot richer beforehand.

run it at 11KV and have yer own transformer.

would you be allowed to on land that you don't own?

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18