Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Living without electricity

happy zombie jebus on the cross wrote:
On Sat, 31 Aug 2013 20:41:31 +0100, News wrote:

How would you generate electricity, if you lived there, full time? Or
would you not bother?

if it has a lot of land, you could easily accomodate a solar pannel farm. there are ones that track
the sun for best performance along with ones for the roof if you wanted. i found a diy solar panel
building kit a while back, it didn't seem very complcated to build and set up.

It's on the dark side of a north facing hill, unfortunately.

there is also the option of a wind turbine, i saw a rather impressive one on some tv show a while
back that produced enough electricity for use even on a light breazy day.

as long as you have a decent battery system, you'll never need worry about electricity.

i'd be very tempted by the place to be quite honest.

If I were (a) a lot richer and (b) not needing to work for a living, so
would I.

Then again, (a) could take care of the electricity supply and broadband
problems, as I could afford to run a cable from the village. A quad bike
and small trailer could take care of gas bottles in the Winter, and
stock up on oil in the Summer by boat to the jetty

--
Tciao for Now!

John.