Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon[_3_] Grimly Curmudgeon[_3_] is offline

Default Living without electricity

On Sat, 31 Aug 2013 23:37:43 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

If it's the place I think it is there is damn big hill behind it so a
decent head shouldn't be a problem. How much water is available at
the top is another matter but even if you can only get enough for a
kW of lecky 24/7 that'll almost be enough with a good sized battery
bank to store the "excess" overnight.

Or, as in my place, with a steady stream, albeit with a low head but
reasonable flow, a scoop-type wheel driving a PM alternator,
unregulated/unrectified, the raw 3-phase AC simply feeding an
immersion heater in a bulk tank.
When I get a round tuit.