Brian

Default Plunge or non-plunge router better under table?

"Leon" wrote in message

Speaking of convenience, plunging a router upside down seems to me to be
less than optimal.

Exactly, except the Triton has eliminated this trait. The router

basically
converts to a fixed base like router with the twist of a lock knob. In

the
hanging under a table position, you turn a lock in one of the handles and
then the router will no longer plunge. You then engage a release on the
handle and then turn the handle to raise or lower the motor. Let go of

the
release on the knob and the motor locks in at that position and then you

can
fine tune that position with another fine tune knob. No lifting at all on
your part.

Ah. Nice. Indeed an innovation. But why bother making it a hybrid plunge /
fixed? Who is going to ever use it as a plunger under a table?

And having to adjust the depth stop constantly would
annoy me, although if the Triton has a toolless adjustment that might be
better.

The Triton only needs a wrench to tighten or loosen the collet.

I was referring to the plunge depth stop, but apparently this isn't an issue
based on its design.

Brian.