Brian

Default Plunge or non-plunge router better under table?

"Leon" wrote in message

"Brian" wrote in message

True, but who cares? With fixed base routers, at one time or another

you'll
be handling the motor to adjust the height.

My point here was that with the large Milwaukee if you depress the coarse
adjustment knob, the router motor completely falls out of the base if
mounted under the table and you do not guard against this. The Bosch 1617
router is fixed base with coarse and fine tune adjustment and one of the
first with this style adjustment but the motor will not drop out of the

base
when mounted upside down. The motor raises and lowers straight up and

down
like the Milwaukee with out having to spin the motor round and round to

make
height adjustments but to remove it from the base you have to turn the

motor
in the base about 1/8 turn to remove it. Milwaukee should have had some
type of similar safety to prevent the motor from dropping out.

I understood your "point" the first time, but I still can't understand the
need for for any safety mechanism. I have no problems with the Milwaukee
motor falling out of the base under my table (and nor should anybody else),
because I support it with my hand when making coarse adjustments. It is
that simple. I mean, you have to push it up and down to make the coarse
adjustment anyhow! Just make sure your hand is there before you press the
release.

Brian.