Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Sheet vinyl vs. tile ??

"micky" wrote in message Give me a break. It's
clear the guy doesn't want to spend much money
or put in much work. Some of the folks here are always recommending
things that cost much more than others want to spend.

If it's in a cold climate and the bathroom is used as
a full bath (the tub or shower is really used), perhaps some heat in
the floor, too.

Thje floor is in place already. The last thing this guy is going to
do is tear it up to put in heat. And again you're spending time and
money he doesn't want to spend.

For me, I will never have the ceramic type of tile in a house again. I
guess that I was too lazey to reseal the tile, but could not seem to keep
the mold from forming in the spaces between the tile.Had to really stay
after it to keep the mold out. That floor had tiles about 1 inch square and
the tub/shower had about 4 inch tiles.

When I moved several years ago I remodled the bathroom. Had a good quality
of sheet goods put down on the floor and a shower installed that was made
out of the plastic stuff that passes for man made marble.