Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sheet vinyl vs. tile ??

On Mon, 2 Sep 2013 00:02:19 -0600, "Hot-Text"
wrote:

"Ivan Vegvary" wrote in message
Small basement bathroom (5' x 8') on concrete slab, new construction.
Sheet vinyl = no seams, harder to install (for me), more expensive (have
to buy the full 12 foot width.
Tile = easy install, but seams. After many years will these edges start
to curl up, etc.
Which is best
Thanks,
Ivan Vegvary

Ceramic Tile is $3.50
and the only way to go on a concrete slab in a basement

That's "expensive" stuff. I've seen decent looking stuff at the BORG
for as little as $1/safe.

As for vinyl Sheet or Tile
these edges will start to curl up in no time at all

I have it in two bathrooms and the laundry (the other two baths are
ceramic - don't know why the builder did that). All three need to be
replaced (none are on a slab). The house is only six years old. Vinyl
is crap for bathrooms.