Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] dom@gglz.com is offline

Default Cutting notches

On Monday, 2 September 2013 13:51:00 UTC+1, Rick Hughes wrote:
On 02/09/2013 13:28, John Rumm wrote:

On 02/09/2013 12:08, wrote:

AIUI since the HSE banned the use of dadoes, they did it by

Did they actually ban dado sets though? or just specify a maximum stop

time?

specifying the max length of arbor on new table saws on sale - not by

banning the sale of dadoes.

Does not seem to be a problem on my 1948 Unisaw ;-)

Did admit to being tempted with the large number of Wadkin saws on ebay

... incl the tilting table versions

I bought an old 3 phase Startrite bandsaw and fitted an inverter to run it off single phase. When I have a suitable location there'll be a Wadkin or similar mahoosive old-british table saw too.