Posted to rec.woodworking
Gramps' shop Gramps' shop is offline

Default Scroll saw, Part II

Ray ....

That is beautiful work -- and exactly the purpose to which I will put the scroll saw. Thanks for sharing the pix and the tips!

Larry

On Monday, September 2, 2013 8:28:54 AM UTC-5, Ray wrote:
I have a Delta 40-540 that I use for both fret work and cut 8/4 maple

for rings for bowls. I works OK. It is 15 years old. It is going to

be replaced with an Excalibur 16 when they are back in stock. The

Excalibur is a tilting blade rather than a tilting table.

A hint: if you are going to make compound cuts (beveled rings) use

spiral blades. Normal blades want to twist and bow because the top

and bottom of the blade are at different geometries. Pictures of some

of my concentric rings are at:

http://ray80538.home.comcast.net/~ra...l/segbowl.html

On Sun, 1 Sep 2013 21:03:04 -0700 (PDT), "Gramps' shop"

wrote:

I guess I should have noted that my main interest is in cutting concentric beveled circles for glueing up bowls for turning. Stock will range to 6/4. This will just be an occasional endeavor, so I want to limit the investment.