Posted to rec.woodworking
Ray[_7_] Ray[_7_] is offline

Default Scroll saw, Part II

I have a Delta 40-540 that I use for both fret work and cut 8/4 maple
for rings for bowls. I works OK. It is 15 years old. It is going to
be replaced with an Excalibur 16 when they are back in stock. The
Excalibur is a tilting blade rather than a tilting table.

A hint: if you are going to make compound cuts (beveled rings) use
spiral blades. Normal blades want to twist and bow because the top
and bottom of the blade are at different geometries. Pictures of some
of my concentric rings are at:

http://ray80538.home.comcast.net/~ra...l/segbowl.html

On Sun, 1 Sep 2013 21:03:04 -0700 (PDT), "Gramps' shop"
wrote:

I guess I should have noted that my main interest is in cutting concentric beveled circles for glueing up bowls for turning. Stock will range to 6/4. This will just be an occasional endeavor, so I want to limit the investment.