Posted to rec.woodworking
basilisk[_2_] basilisk[_2_] is offline

Default Scroll saw, Part II

On Mon, 2 Sep 2013 07:08:09 -0400, Mike Marlow wrote:

Gramps' shop wrote:
I guess I should have noted that my main interest is in cutting
concentric beveled circles for glueing up bowls for turning. Stock
will range to 6/4. This will just be an occasional endeavor, so I
want to limit the investment.

As well - Jeff mentioned that guys will stack stock in order to mass produce
cuts. Never gave that a thought will a saw like this, though it does make
sense. I didn't realize you could cut through wood that thick with a scroll
saw.

6/4 is still a lot for a scroll saw, I'll stack several layers of ply
sometimes and it will cut ok. 6/4's of solid wood is a different beast,
it will cut but progress is painfully slow, especially when cutting with
the grain.
I lack the patience to work this way, it's subjective and rate of
progress may be acceptable for some.

basilisk