Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Adverse Possession

On Sunday, September 1, 2013 9:01:15 PM UTC-4, Wes Groleau wrote:
On 09-01-2013 16:07, wrote:

I'd say you're not open, that you are in fact a sneak, if

you knowingly allow someone else to pay property taxes on a

piece of land you own. Some states agree, because it part

of their AP laws. In order to claim adverse possession,

someone else, ie the rightful owner, can't be paying the

property taxes. The person making the AP claim has to be

paying them. Sounds very reasonable to me.

If I am listed as the owner, then I am getting the tax bill.

How would someone else be paying it?

In the case in question the party seeking to possibly make
use of adverse possession is not listed as the owner. The
present owner of the property, who presumably has a title
and deed showing they own the property next door is listed as the
owner and has been paying the taxes. The fact that a fence is
in the wrong place doesn't change that.

If he's getting the tax bill, then it's already his in the

official records. If that's wrong, gonna be a heck of a struggle fixing it.

--

Wes Groleau

Words of the Wild Wes

http://Ideas.Lang-Learn.us/WWW