Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_5_] Leon[_5_] is offline

Default And The Creek Keeps Ris'n

basilisk wrote:
On Sun, 01 Sep 2013 18:59:20 -0700, Lew Hodgett wrote:

Lew Hodgett wrote:

Gas was $3.55/gal at the local cash & carry Arco on Friday afternoon
(02/26/11).

------------------------------------
Sunday morning (09/01/13), the price of gas is now $3.63/gal at the
local cash & carry.

The chain jerking continues.

Alternate energy anybody?

Lew

Lew, what strikes me is that the price of gas is essentially unchanged
since you started this thread.
Gas is a commodity and as such the price seems stable enough to me.

basilisk

My dad is 90 and lives with us. He has his routines and come hell or high
water he is going to follow through.

Every day we hear about where he found the newspaper. Everyday we are told
about a Hallmark movie he just watched and we should watch it too.
Currently we have 18 stacked up on the DVR marked do not delete. Every
day we get a report on how many times he let the dog out for her needs and
we get a full report as to which outings were successful and if it was a #1
or #2. I do not let him follow me to the bathroom. For some reason his
inventory of Dr. Pepper cannot go below 48 cans. He has a spread sheet of
his daily BP and weight. The doctors office gets multiple copies. He
can't just tell them. He keeps up with gas prices too, he no longer drives
or owns a vehicle.

I guess he and Lew do these things to stay sharp.