Posted to rec.woodworking

Default And The Creek Keeps Ris'n

Lew Hodgett wrote:

Gas was $3.55/gal at the local cash & carry Arco on Friday
afternoon
(02/26/11).
------------------------------------
Sunday morning (09/01/13), the price of gas is now $3.63/gal at the
local cash & carry.
The chain jerking continues.

Alternate energy anybody?

Lew
"basilisk" wrote:

Lew, what strikes me is that the price of gas is essentially
unchanged
since you started this thread.
Gas is a commodity and as such the price seems stable enough to me.

Yes, gas is a commodity, but the price is anything but stable.

The two price points above represent basically the bottom of the price
curve
during the past 2-1/2 years.

The price has reached almost $5.00/gal a couple of times during this
period,
which marks the high points.

As long as the speculators continue to have such a strong influence in
the
market and we don't learn to reduce are consumption, by developing
alternate
energy sources, we will get screwed from time to time and have no
control
over it.

Lew