Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG[_2_] DanG[_2_] is offline

Default clapboard exposure

On 9/1/2013 10:33 AM, George wrote:
I'm putting up , 1/2x6" finger-jointed cedar clapboards. (actual board
width is 5 1/4") Nominal exposure seems to be 4". My spacing around a
window would work better if i went to 4 1/4".

I'd appreciate opinions on whether this is too wide. I can 'go narrow',
but that would create some other problems.

Thanks.

The 41/4 will be fine. It would be better to story out all situations
and adjust the exposure well in advance. Check bottom of windows, top
of windows, and any other intrusions. Check where you will course out
at the top - you don't want to end up with some small rip.

--

Keep the whole world singing . . .
Dan G
remove the seven