Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob[_44_] Bob[_44_] is offline

Default Dryer Vent And Lint Question

Hello,

My son has the typical home gas fired clothes Dryer, and a vent tube
leading to the outside.

I stuck my hand in it from the outside, and removed a fair amount of Lint.
But my hand, of course, would only go so far.

He was thinking of using my shop-vac, and inserting it from where it
exits on the outside.

Question: does he run "any" danger at all of extinguishing the dryer's
pilot light ? It's a pretty strong shop-vac.

If so, he would probably have to hire a plumber to re-light it, as he is
very "non-technical". Would like to avoid this, naturally.

(frankly, I am not even sure that there is a pilot light, but it is an
older dryer,and I doubt that it uses any electronic ignition scheme.
But, maybe ?)

Thanks,
Bob