Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Sheet vinyl vs. tile ??

On Sun, 1 Sep 2013 15:42:48 -0400, "Ralph Mowery"
wrote:

"micky" wrote in message
.. .
One easy way to make sure you get the cuts right on a small area is to
use
some paper. You can get a roll that is made to be a painters drop cloth.

There may be two kinds of that. I had a paper painter's drop cloth,
and the texture was rough and would have been difficult to write on,
and there may have been two layers to the paper too, to make it
absorbant. IIRC, the top layer didn't rest directly on the bottom
layer so writing on it would have been doubly hard, would have been
like rolling out a pie crust.

The one I was thinking of comes on a roll about 3 feet wide.

You did say roll. I think mine was folded, like a sheet or blanket.
I should have said that. They could decide to roll my kind, so the
OP should look closely or poke open a hole in the wrapper and check.

YOu may have
totape 2 or 3 pieces together to get it as wide as the room. It is similar
to the old paper bags. There is no real need to mark on it. You take it in
the room and lay it on the floor and cut the paper to match the room. It
should be very easy to do if there is nothing in the room.. Then you take
the pape and lay it over the vinyl and cut the vinyal to match.
If careful , Christmas wrapping paper or anything like it could be used.