Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default Screwing into concrete

On 01/09/2013 20:43, fred wrote:
In article , polygonum
writes

Screwfix search is utterly bizarre. I wanted a Drayton TRV and
lockshield today (as I was doing an direct replacement). Searched for
TRVs and saw none - only other makes. Then remembered that I had one in
my basket - from there I could see my local branch had 8 in stock.

Think you must've broken something, just tried it and that combo in
white TRV4 was on the top row with chrome TRV4 and RT212 lower down. Try
clearing cookies?

I get the impression that Screwfix website is now maintained by the
jokers who do the B&Q website. Who else could keep making it worse and
worse?

Search item site:diy.com in your favourite search engine to get round
their ineptitude. Works for other sites of course, just drop the initial
www.

OK - more exactly, I typed TRV and saw "trv and lockshield" offered,
which I selected. That took me he

http://www.screwfix.com/search.do?fh...and+lockshield

It appears they have some under "lockshield" others under "l/s" - I
sort-of made the assumption that their offered search term would cover
the ground. It didn't.

--
Rod