Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default Screwing into concrete

On 01/09/2013 19:50, Mark BR wrote:
wrote in message
On Sunday, 1 September 2013 09:35:19 UTC+1, Mark BR wrote:
Have heard about screws that you drill a pilot hole and screw directly
into
a concrete floor - no raw plug so ideal for fixing floor boarding,
skirting
and the like.

But I can not find them in either Toolstation or screwfix in less that
75mm
lengths - all described as for frame fixing.
I only want to fix 22mm floorboards to a concrete floor so am looking for
something about 45mm or so.

Any suggestions?

http://www.screwfix.com/c/screws-nai...rews/cat840194

http://www.screwfix.com/c/screws-nai...ews/cat2700042

Why couldn't I find them? Thanks

--

Mark BR

Screwfix search is utterly bizarre. I wanted a Drayton TRV and
lockshield today (as I was doing an direct replacement). Searched for
TRVs and saw none - only other makes. Then remembered that I had one in
my basket - from there I could see my local branch had 8 in stock.

I get the impression that Screwfix website is now maintained by the
jokers who do the B&Q website. Who else could keep making it worse and
worse?

--
Rod