Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark BR Mark BR is offline

Default Screwing into concrete

"Jim K" wrote in message
On Sunday, September 1, 2013 3:25:12 PM UTC+1, PeterC wrote:
snip

Some of the reviews mention that the 'thread' in concrete won't survive
many
removals/replacements, so I'd go for a longer screw for more insertion -
er,
what's the subject? - for strength in the thread as well.

how many removal/replaces will screws holding battens under flooring have
to endure?....

Probably only screw in once, but did like the ability to easily remove the
skirting boards.

But point taken about length - I'll go with the longer ones recommended by
someone else at screwfix (unless I find similar in toolstation?).

--

Mark BR