Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] recyclebinned@gmail.com is offline

Default Sheet vinyl vs. tile ??

On Sunday, September 1, 2013 7:07:04 AM UTC-7, Ivan Vegvary wrote:
Small basement bathroom (5' x 8') on concrete slab, new construction.

Sheet vinyl = no seams, harder to install (for me), more expensive (have to buy the full 12 foot width.

Tile = easy install, but seams. After many years will these edges start to curl up, etc.

Which is best

Thanks,

Ivan Vegvary

If you don’t want to install ceramic tile then go with sheet vinyl but I recommend that you:
1. Take out the toilet first.
2. Get some thick paper and cut out a pattern.
3. Use commercial vinyl which is five times thicker.
4. Caulk around the edges when you’re done.