Posted to alt.home.repair
RobertMacy RobertMacy is offline

Default Paint - still with the 'brush strokes' !!

On Sun, 01 Sep 2013 07:36:25 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Sun, 01 Sep 2013 07:05:56 -0700, RobertMacy
wrote:

Someone mentioned 'professional' painters to do this. Just making a
living
at painting does not necessarily mean that the paint job meets the
standards required. I WAS a professional painter and because of skill
was
the one who had to do all the detail/edging work. And I don't even like
my
work.

"Perfectionism, in psychology, is a personality trait characterized by
a person's striving for flawlessness and setting excessively high
performance standards ..."

Trying to be perfect can be frustrating.

Your work looks good from my house :-\

I thought of myself as a decent painter until I worked for a
professional -- he spent ten years as an apprentice painter. Learned
many things from him.

Thank you for admiring my house from ??

Good training is worth its weight. You're very lucky. Like hit the ground
with your feet running, so to speak.

Don't get me wrong, about the 'perfectionism'. I still see the flaws, but
they're now ignorable and insignificant to us.

Interesting comment about "...excessively high performance standards ..."
ALL is relative. Who died and left them boss?

I thought I had high standards until ...I've been in homes of some, what
I'd call, extremely successful people, actually describe their homes more
like mansions. The workmanship was incredible, better than I can do, or
even have strived for. One [surprising to me] example, while admiring two
tone striping on outside columns - you wouldn't believe the quality of the
straight lines down/along the inside of the flutings! To have my host
proudly declare he had done that work personally! Wow! I guess his
attitude of doing things right carries into his business, too. He made a
lot of money, now relaxing in the fruits of his labors, by supplying
products based upon those high standards of perfection. I would rather
live like that than think in terms of 'it's good enough' or 'getting by'.