RixWorx

Default DIY dovetail jigs?

This might work. Allows for different widts/# of dovetails

http://www.woodworkingmatters.com/Re...ate_master.htm

"Dennis Johnson" wrote in message
.net...
In article , says...
I was searching the internet and came across these plans for a dovetail

jig:

http://store.yahoo.com/plansnow/dovejig.html

It is from an old Woodsmith magazine. Has anyone tried to make this

jig, or
another DIY dovetail jig themselves? I've been thinking about the

mechanics
of cutting dovetails, and it seems to me that it shouldn't be that hard

make one. Any additional information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Charlie

I made it and it works great. Have tried several of the blue monsters
and while they probably work well for soft woods, I had trouble with
them when making drawers out of 1/2 inch oak. The vibration caused
movement of the sides in the jig. I beleive the problem is with the bars
that are used to hold the sides in place. While they look impressive,
they do bend every so slight and allow for movement. The Woodsmith jig
has oak bars that do not bend. I really like it.