Leon

Default Plunge or non-plunge router better under table?

"Greg Millen" wrote in message
s.com...

I like to read comments after the 'honeymoon' period is over, since the

two
versions tend to differ.

You know Greg, I have been buying tools for a long time and generelly buy
with confidence. Still I am like you as I know that a lot of hype in the
beginning does not always tell the true tale. If you saw my 2 posts about
precieion miter gauges earlier this week, I am sure you will agree that
buying from a local and reputable dealer is good for him and you. I spent
about $140 for a precieion miter gauge that was no better than the gauge
that came with my saw. Immediately the next day I returned it and upgraded
to a $180 precieion miter gage. Worse than the first and both of these are
from reputable manufacutrers. That dealer knows what I expect from a tool
and if he sees me coming back, he knows that there is a "tool" preoblem and
takes care of it to my liking and without my asking. Today I bought from
Woodcraft and paid more than buying on the internet. If I find that the
Triton does not fill the bill as advertised, reliably, I have 1 year to
return it for exchange, credit, or refund. If I have to return the Triton,
I'll upgrade to the big Milwaukee.

Leon