Posted to rec.woodworking

Default How to start off a day the wrong way...

Lew Hodgett wrote:

What does it cost to contract out snowplowing your place for a
season?

"Mike Marlow" wrote:

It's not so much the cost as it is the way I plow. I have a long
drive way (350 feet), with a large parking area, and I plow way back
into the woods and lawn areas to allow for a full winter snowfall.
It would be almost impossible to get someone to plow the way I do
all season long. I even plow along the back of the garage to where
my fuel fill is located so the delivery guy does not have to trudge
through the snow to get to my fill.

In the end - I may contract out plowing, but I never had to worry
about it over the past 30 years because I've always had a reliable
truck of my own.

I know you're in the up state NY snowbelt so you're probably in the 15
ft/yr area.

Sounds like if you contracted removal at $150/ft you would be ahead of
the game.

Good grief, what's a 2 stage snow blower worth these days, $2K max?

Take a little longer than a plow, but you get some exercise in the
process.

Lew