Posted to rec.woodworking
Digger[_4_] Digger[_4_] is offline

Default New Project

On 8/30/2013 5:00 PM, Leon wrote:
Digger wrote:
On 8/29/2013 4:36 PM, Leon wrote:
My wife said that if I built in our entertainment nook I could but a new
70" LED TV. ;~)

Well the price dropped on the top of the line model that I have been
looking at and we got the TV at a reduced price, $900.00 off the going
price. I got the TV and the savings will pay for the entertainment center.

We are going for a different type look. Walnut panels mounted
vertically and floating out from the existing wall behind the TV and a
walnut console, for the electronics and storage, that will remind some
of you of a 60's console stereo.
The electronics will be under the top and behind the front 3 grilled
doors. Top access to ease adding equipment and routing wires.

Comments?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/9622250273/

Love the concept, but in my ignorance I sit here wondering what you are
doing with audio treatment (speakers) and, with all electronics
contained within, how are you dealing with remote control line of site
issues? Of course I am aware of hard wired master consoles and/or rf
wireless sytems via HTPCs etc, but simply curious as to your own solutions?

I have some pretty good book shelf speakers, rear wall mounted satellite
speakers, and a back corner located 12" powered sub. The front book shelf
speakers and center leaker will set on top or behind the grills.

IR travels through cloths leaker cloth and perforated metal just like
visible light does. I have tested this and there is no issue.

Yep, saw your earlier reply to others with similar concerns.

Thanks for your reply and looking forward to forthcoming photos...

--

Digger
Bob O'Dell