Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default AT&T DSL

On Sat, 31 Aug 2013 07:04:26 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

But like KRW, I'm having a hard time trying to see how changing
out the last 50 ft of traditional phone wire and replacing it
with something else, suddenly results in a 3X speed improvement.
If the line length went from 3 miles to 1/2 mile, I could see
it. If several bridge taps or loading coils were removed, I could
see it. I'm wondering if the real problem was not something
loose, eg a poor connection at the ends where the 50 ft
cable was being changed out, and maybe the new cable made

See, you just listed a possibility that could make it triple speed.
Yes,it is hard to believe but we did not see the old wire and
connections.

I recently had problems on my DSL line the ATT lineman made a few
changes, including the line to the house. I guess you could say my
speed increase 5000x since it was 0 before the repairs.

Broadbandreports.com test 5011 Kbs down, 641 up. Best I ever got.