Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Starvation Wages

On Friday, August 30, 2013 6:03:27 PM UTC-7, Wayne wrote:
"PrecisionmachinisT" wrote in message

news:55Sdnd1IA__Hg7zPnZ2dnUVZ_smdnZ2d@scnresearch. com...

news:QMKdnR9QQZMscb3PnZ2dnUVZ_oWdnZ2d@scnresearch. com...

news4udnaKOEOztXr3PnZ2dnUVZ_vednZ2d@scnresearch. com...

"Wayne" wrote in message

"PrecisionmachinisT" wrote in message

news:4tadnTkWWriHqb3PnZ2dnUVZ_gWdnZ2d@scnresearch. com...

"Wayne" wrote in message

But minimum wage jobs are just passing jobs on a career path. If

someone chooses to stick with a dead end job,

# It's invariably because nothing better is available.

Then they should look harder, or increase their value to the labor

market.

# Something about the word "nothing" that you can;t quite understand ?

There is always something. They could increase their value to the labor

market by starting a business.

# Pray doing what exactly, dumpster diving for pop cans?

Well, that's a good first step.

Society doesn't owe anyone a job.

# But we're talking about people who already have jobs, you ****wit.

And you want to pay them more than they are worth, so that they won't

move up the economic ladder?

# Your statement above makes no sense, is English your second language?

Of course it makes sense. Your approach is to pay someone at the bottom

of the economic ladder enough that they will not aspire any higher.

That's bull****.

# Except the rising tide has a;ready covered the bottom two rungs...

# --what I want is for employers to stop stuffing their wallets at the

expense

# of the taxpayer, by shifting welfare and health care costs onto their

# non-customers.

Do you have a ****ing clue about the taxes employers pay?

# Newsflash:

# --I'm a business owner, with several employees...

# I collect taxes from my customers, and I forward them to the government...

# In other words, they don't cost me even a single dime.

Ah....with that paragraph you have just proved that you don't know squat

about taxes that employers pay, nor the extreme risks that they take.

Wrong.