Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_5_] Leon[_5_] is offline

Default New Project

"dadiOH" wrote:
"Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in message

On 8/30/2013 4:03 AM, dadiOH wrote:
"Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in message

My wife said that if I built in our entertainment
nook I could but a new 70" LED TV. ;~)

Well the price dropped on the top of the line model
that I have been looking at and we got the TV at a reduced
price, $900.00 off the going price. I got the TV and
the savings will pay for the entertainment center.
We are going for a different type look. Walnut panels
mounted vertically and floating out from the existing
wall behind the TV and a walnut console, for the
electronics and storage, that will remind some of you of a 60's
console stereo. The electronics will be under the top
and behind the front 3 grilled doors. Top access to ease adding
equipment and routing wires.
Comments?

I like it. Attractive AND practical. What kind of
grill are you thinking of?

At the moment black speaker grill fabric, I used this
material 18 years ago for the current cabinet but it was
a single center speaker grill. It worked out well. I
fear getting 3 separate fabric grills to match
considering the possibility of stretch. I was at a
Magnolia design center and noticed the cabinets had a
metal grill painted black. That would absolutely be the
easiest to install but I wonder where to get that type
material

You should find something among these...
https://www.google.com/#q=perforated+metal+sheet

Actually,

http://www.speakerworks.com/speaker_...show=15&page=2