Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default Paint - still with the 'brush strokes' !!

On 8/30/2013 3:02 PM, dadiOH wrote:
wrote in message

On Friday, August 30, 2013 1:49:05 PM UTC-4,
wrote:

edging too far ahead can cause roller marks for the
same reason.

Agree with everything but the above. The normal
procedure is
to edge around the whole room, let it dry, then come back
and roll the main area. You typically can't edge fast
enough
so that it's not dry or half-dry by the time you get to
roll it. Not when you're cutting in to do a nice clean
edge between
ceiling and wall, around windows, etc

Also, switching back and forth from brush to roller,
wastes time. And it doesn't result in roller marks as
long as you roll properly.

Right. And feather both brush and roller work to get a coat of even
thickness,

If you have two people, I've always preferred to do it where I cut in
with a brush and my helper is directly behind me with the roller.

Unfortunately, that won't help at all if you're painting by yourself.

nate